- XR500 Super Motard Plastics, Fenders and Lights, Oh My…!
- New wheels for the XR500 Super Motard
- Some more progress on the XR500 Super Motard
- Starting to put the XR500 Super Motard together
- Back from the painter
- XR500 Super Motard gets a cartridge Showa fork
- Super Motard it will be!
- Stripping the frame to the bones
- XR500 exhaust system gets a facelift
- Re-assembling the XR’s engine top end
- Black engine? Oh yeah!
- Re-assembling the XR’s engine bottom end
- XR500 versus XL500 rotor and stator
- Main jet and pilot screw adjustments for altitude and temperature
- XR500 versus XL500 carburetor
- Welcomed discovery in the pile, an XR500 Wiseco piston!
- What model year is in the pile, really?
- Bringing the Basket Case home
Please note that all contents are solely my personal views, comments and attempt at sharing information -- nothing more. Comments posted by visitors are their own. While I try my best to share my experiences and knowledge with accuracy, be aware that some information may be out of date or wrong.
Copyright (c) 2011 Mike Kronenberg. All Rights reserved.
Author Archives: Mike
Our next step is to acquire and mount some fenders, a modern looking headlight and a taillight. On the fenders side, we can either go with Super Motard generic fenders, NOS parts (new old stock), or replicas of new. I … Continue reading
Besides the Showa front fork, the Super Motard wheels are the other important “custom” mod of this project. I went through a long list of measurements before ordering the rims as I was not certain what rim width would fit. … Continue reading
It has been a couple of months since my last post – I’ve been busy with other fun distractions which have kept me away from toying with the Basket Case project. Still, I have been able to put a few … Continue reading
There is joy, enthusiasm and maybe even a hint of passion behind putting a bike back together, especially when it started as a Basket Case. A large number of hours have been spent in research, taking components apart to their … Continue reading
The frame and swing arm are back from Premium Powder Coating where they have been media blasted to the metal and then powder coated. The shop has done a magnificent job not only in the quality of the craftsmanship but … Continue reading
Forks have seen significant improvements over the last two decades and one of the first item I want to swap for the Super Motard transformation is the XR500’s fork which design and technology descends from the 70s . Fortunately Honda … Continue reading